
Jacob, Jenna, and Nicholas attended vacation bible school towards the end of summer. The theme this year was High Seas Expedition. Here's a picture of the Martin/McCarron crew!
This was my first year volunteering at VBS and I must say it's the most fun I've ever had volunteering. Every day we did a small skit and I played the role of "Sailor Jenny". My kids got a kick out of seeing me all dressed up and acting goofy on stage. I'm really excited to be involved in such a great program. I'm planning to participate again next summer.
Nicholas participated in the preschool program and loved it! He really embraced his opportunity to be on stage and perform . He did all the actions to the music and sang/almost shouted all the words to the songs. Notice that they're all in safety orange t-shirts! The brighter the better when you're dealing with the little ones. Marissa was in the nursery at VBS this year while I volunteered. She had fun eating snacks, coloring, and playing games and will join the VBS preschool next year.
Here's Nicholas doing his moves! He loves all of the VBS songs and to this day still requests to listen to them on a daily basis. If they're not on in the mini-van we have the VBS dvd going at home. He's now listening/watching the dvd to the songs from last summer's VBS, too!


