That's right...Jenna is a Daisy Girl Scout! She's officially a member of Troop #1865. She was so happy to find that 3 of her good friends are in the same troop as her. As a Daisy scout, Jenna will work to earn the learning petals of the Daisy Flower badge. At her first meeting she earned the Promise Center of her Daisy badge (the blue center). She accomplished this by understanding and stating the Girl Scout Promise. We've been working on memorizing it at home, too.The Girl Scout Promise:
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
The Girl Scout Law:
I will do my best to be
Honest and fair,
Friendly and helpful,
Considerate and caring,
Courageous and strong,
And responsible for what I say and do,
And to respect myself and others,
Respect authority,
Use resources wisely,
Make the world a better place,
And be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Each part of the the Girl Scout Law is represented by a different color petal. Jenna's troop has already discussed some ways they can earn the yellow petal of the Daisy flower which represents being friendly and helpful. She will earn this petal at her next meeting which she cannot wait for! This is what her badge will look like after she's earned each petal.
Jenna has asked me many times this Winter Break when she's going to her next meeting. I remember how much fun I had as a Brownie so I'm really excited for her. A few fun activities that she'll get to do include going on field trips, camping out, and selling Girl Scout cookies!! If you're a fan and need a new contact I'm sure Jenna will be happy to help you out. So funny, I remember my mom sewing the badges on my sash. Now it's my turn to do the same for my own daughter...wow.