Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!!



Our good friends, the McCarron family, joined us to ring in the New Year. I planned a fun evening for the kids and was very excited to do chocolate fondue with them! We had lots of dunkables including bananas, pretzels, pound cake, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and marshmallows. The kids really enjoyed it!



I even served them passion fruit sparkling cider in plastic wine glasses garnished with a raspberry. These are the kinds of things that I get excited about because they thought it was so cool! It was entertaining to watch them experience their first carbonated beverage...very bubbly!! :) Here's Marissa fishing out her raspberry....and Jenna and Mallory toast in the New Year together. We did an early countdown for the kids at 8 p.m.



We usually hit the hay early, even on New Year's Eve, so I was anticipating an early evening. But I am happy to report that we actually stayed up until 12:30 a.m.!! I was so proud. The format of the evening actually worked out very well. We played Scrabble and Cranium while drinking wine and Strawberry Daiquiri's and the kids played and ran around. Jacob and Madeline actually played a few games of Sequence for Kids, too. Just for the record, they were the only two of the bunch that stayed awake till the end. The others crashed in random places around my house and we just covered them up with blankets. It was fun and we're planning to do it again next year! We hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday season! Happy New Year!