
I cannot believe that my Nicholas is four already! He had a great birthday celebrating with friends and family. Thank you to everyone who made his day such a special one for him. We appreciate the cards and phone calls...they made our birthday boy smile. :)

Nicholas requested a monster truck cake and I had fun making it for him. I even took a hammer to the Matchbox cars to make them look like the trucks had actually smashed them...how fun is that?!? He was quite happy and had fun licking all the frosting off the wheels after he blew out the candles.

When I asked Nicholas who he wanted to celebrate his birthday with he rattled off a very short list of VIP's in his life. At the top of his list was his good friend, Joshua. He and Nicholas are in the turtle room together and have become close buddies. So, we decided to have Joshua over for a sleepover! His big sister, Lauren, is friends with Jenna and came over for the night, too. It was officially a slumber party! The kids had a ton of fun and Nicholas was thrilled. We ate popcorn, watched movies, played monster trucks, and then headed off "to bed". The girls slept in Jenna's room and Nicholas and Joshua set up their sleeping bags in Nicholas' room. How cute are these pictures of them together?! The boys crashed quickly...they were tired from all the fun. But Lauren and Jenna stayed up for awhile acting like girls. They took me back to my sleepover days...the amount of giggling was hilarious. When I went back upstairs to re-tuck them in, I caught them in mid-jump off the bed holding hands...pretty funny!

No explanation really needed....it's just classic Nicholas eating a birthday sundae at Red Robin. Couldn't wait for the waitress to bring a spoon??
We wonder what the next year will bring with our colorful, curious, little Nicholas. Lord knows, the past four years have been an adventure with him. I spend a great deal of time just trying to keep him safe from himself. I'm sure he'll continue to keep us smiling, shrugging, and shaking our heads. I just love that little guy. :)