
I've always wanted to plant a garden and thought it would be a fun summer activity for the kids. They loved the idea and couldn't wait to get their hands in the dirt! Tom dug out a nice spot for us and we wasted no time in getting our seeds in the ground. While all of the kids were involved in planting and taking care of our little garden, Jacob was especially into the project. He spent alot of time contemplating what we should grow and had a list (yes, he is his mother's son) of what seeds we needed to buy. He decided that we should plant roma tomatoes, 2 raspberry bushes, 3 sunflowers, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, peas, chives, and mini-pumpkins. He was very concerned about bunnies getting to our veggies so we also planted marigolds and put up a chicken wire to keep everything extra safe. Yes, he was also concerned about bugs and tried to convince me that I should buy ladybugs online for pest control. That didn't happen. I also planted a special zinnia that Jacob gave me for Mother's Day and it really took off! I told him it would bring us good luck for a fruitful (or veggie-ful) harvest.

It's growing...I was so happy to see green!

Okay, so the carrots were a big deal to Jacob. He couldn't believe it when he harvested his very first carrot. Can't you just feel his excitement through the picture!?! Often at meals he tells us that he feels proud because he's "feeding our family". So cute.

SUNFLOWERS!!! We planted these seeds back in April in 3 little dixie cups. We were all amazed when they blossomed. The kids were thrilled!

Oh, and check out my clematis! :)