Tuesday, July 13, 2010

...and Jenna turns 6!



Jenna had (another) dino-mite birthday! It's hard to recall all of the details 5 months later, but there were multiple birthday celebrations with friends and family. The main event, however, was her dinosaur birthday party. This party was WAY less rowdy than Jacob's as most of our guests were girls. We played pin the tail on the dino, hot apatasaurus (our version of hot potato), and did a dinosaur door hanger craft.


Tons of fun, but I must say the activity I was most excited about was the dino excavation! Each child had to find their own dino hidden in a muffin tin full of hardened chocolate. I couldn't wait for the kids to dig in! There was only one problem...digging in turned out to be a bit challenging! My chocolate dig sites were as hard as hockey pucks! The kids could barely make a dent in the chocolate. Tools thrown to the side, some of them resorted to using their teeth to eat their way to their dino! Next time I think I will take them out of the frig for a bit before hand. It was fun. :)


Jenna requested a pink apatasaurus birthday cake...and dino cookies, too!


Here's the birthday girl opening up her presents. She received lots of great and very thoughtful gifts!



How many times did Jenna blow out the candles?!? We had lots of cake this year. Like her dinosaur snarl?

We were SO tired at the end of this crazy birthday weekend. Two wild kid parties in one weekend...wheh! In Tommy's own words..."Never, never again!".