Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a fantastic Mother's Day filled with lots of surprises. Tom said that the kids were all excited to make the day extra special and they couldn't wait to get started. First, I woke up to a fresh, clean diaper on Nicholas...changed by big brother Jacob! He didn't think that I should have to change his diaper first thing on Mother's Day so he proudly took care of it. (Funny, he hasn't changed once since...can't blame him). Next, I came across a lovely little sign strategically hung at the bottom of the stairs so I wouldn't miss it...how sweet!

The sign says "Happy Mother's Day..We all love you!"
Jacob woke up "extra early" to get it done in time. :)

Since it was such a nice day we decided to open presents out on our porch. First they gave me beautiful flowers for our garden. It was cute because they took turns bringing them out to me....it was a parade of flowers! Other surprises...a bird feeder, a special purple watering can (picked out by Jacob...he made Tommy go to several stores to find it), and lots of beautiful handmade cards. Jenna made a cute Mother's Day craft at school that she just couldn't wait until Sunday to give me...so I received that surprise a little early.

After presents, we decided to plant all the flowers that they had just given me! I had lots of "help" getting them in the ground and pots. It was great family time.



We spent the afternoon picnicking at Herrick Lake with my Mom and Dad, Lis, Michael, and Yia Yia. Lots of people had the same idea as us....but we managed to get a table and just enjoyed being outside. After hiking around the lake, the kids had a good time (pretend) fishing and running around. It was great day...and I hope that you all had a nice day, too!